AutoNotification Cannot extract information from Blocked Notification once it is Blocked by AN

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by falkon007, Jul 2, 2018.

1. falkon007

falkon007 New Member

Hi there,

First time poster and really love the Tasker and AutoApps plug ins.
    I've purchased AutoTools, AutoInput and of course AutoNotification (loving each one so far).

I initially posted my requirement for help in reddit so you can read the history here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/8uh1ut/metadata_intercept_for_custom_notification_ymusic/

To try summarise, I have YMusic which has an impressively designed semi-persistent notification from which you can view your media/control your music, it never remembers the last song you were playing and seems to always default back to the first song you played since the update. As such I have designed my own notification with AN which I really enjoyed learning how to do.

The major issue I am having is that I cannot work out how to extract the title of the current song playing *and* block YMusic's notification (using Autonotification) at the same time.
    Whilst YMusic's notification is unblocked, %antitle works perfectly in my custom AN notification however as soon as it is blocked, it no longer is able to extract any information from YMusic's notification which I thought was the whole premise of blocking a notification using AN instead of Android Settings.

When I go in to AN (the stand alone app) and go to the blocked notifications.. I click on YMusic (whilst a song is playing) and press "test". It reports that no notification is being generated with YMusic.... normally when a song is playing with YMusic and I am not blocked with AN, you cannot even dismiss the notification.

Some context: Using NON-Rooted, Samsung S7 edge, on Oreo.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
    Pete

2. falkon007

falkon007 New Member

I have attached the whole project if it helps...

Attached Files:

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that when a persistent notification is blocked it can only ever come back after a reboot. Since that notification is persistent it won't ever be created again until a reboot. Sorry! No way around it!

4. falkon007

falkon007 New Member

Thank you @joaomgcd .
    It was the same conclusion here:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111930893662652239509/posts/QgN3CoRCWvM?cfem=1

There isn't a way to manipulate YMusics notification priority is there?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

nope, sorry!