AutoRemote Check if other phone is at work and send SMS

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by IconBoy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. IconBoy

IconBoy New Member

When I arrive home (I guess using AutoLocation), I would like to automatically send my wife an SMS that I've arrived home, but only if she's at work.
    If we both have AutoRemote on our phones, is there a way AR and Tasker can store a variable so that the other phone can "ping" or test each other's phone to know where they're at e.g.:
    If wife is at work, a variable on her phone is set to: %AtWork=1 or if she's at home, %AtWork=0
    Now if I get home and want to automatically send her a message, Tasker would "get" her variable %AtWork and if it had a value of 1, then would send the SMS to her phone.

If there's a better way to accomplish this I'd be most grateful for any help.
    Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. IconBoy

IconBoy New Member

Thanks. I've never heard of Join but will check it out.

4. skribb

skribb Member

Set your wife's Tasker to send your phone her GPS coordinates every 15 minutes or so.
    And then just set your own Tasker to send an SMS but only if the GPS coordinates you have stored match the GPS coords of your wife's place of work.

Alternatively, wife's phone can periodically send the contents of %AtWork variable (instead of GPS or what have you) and then your phone sends SMS if %AtWork=1

Just out of curisotiy, why does your wife have to be at work? Why can't you just set up an auto SMS for when you arrive home, regardless of your wive's whereabouts? It would be easier to set up and it's also more versatile since if she's out shopping or whatever else, she'll still know you've arrived home.