Solved Chrome Extension Keyboard Shortcuts -- Global Option Grayed Out?

Discussion in 'Join' started by rogerinnyc, Apr 6, 2017.

1. rogerinnyc

rogerinnyc New Member

This may be an issue on my end, but I very much want to make my global shortcut for opening the Join Chrome Extension global, so that Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop (fully up to date) doesn't have to be in focus. Unfortunately, when I go into Extensions and Keyboard Shortcuts, the drop-down to change from Chrome to Global is grayed out (see attachment). I can set my shortcut, but not set it to Global. Indeed, ALL of my extensions have the Chrome/Global drop down grayed out, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were something on my end, although I have reset Chrome, cleared cache, etc. with no luck. Any thoughts?
    Alternatively, I'd be happy to switch to the Windows 10 Join App if (i) you showed individual avatars or names for group MMS so you can tell who is writing what and (ii) you added the ability to use emojis. Then I could fix the app to my taskbar and always access it. But, for now, the Chrome extension is definitely more functional.
    Thanks regardless for a fantastic app. I've tried/bought each of Pushbullet, Mighty SMS, and Pulse, and you win out (IMHO) over all of them. Join.JPG

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

"Activate the extension" doesn't allow for a global shortcut. If you actually set a shortcut for the other options you'll get the option to make it global :)

Hope this helps and I'm glad you're enjoying the app!!

Faus and rogerinnyc like this.