Solved Chrome Extension (mac) not refreshing

Discussion in 'Join' started by Boris Zelkin, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

Hey all,

Just installed Join. When I try to reply to a message from chrome via the extension the spinning progress meter just keeps spinning and it looks as if the message hasn't been sent even though on my phone the message has gone through. The only way to refresh the status is to close the Join window and reopen it again. It would be nice to see the correct status of the message instead of always being unsure as to whether or not it was sent.

B

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you normally send pushes (like web pages) to your phone and from your phone to your PC? That usually happens if one can't communicate with the other.

In this case it seems that the extension is not able to receive the status update from the phone, so try to run diagnostics on the Mac and see how that works :)

3. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

I can send pushes to and from the phone. As far as texts go, the progress meter sometimes stops and I'm sure its been sent while others it just keeps spinning...Usually I check my phone to see if its been sent, but that defeats the purpose of the app. :)

4. joaomgcd

Yep, you're totally right!

That seems to indicate that the extension wasn't able to receive the status report back from the phone. Do you maybe have bad reception when that happens? Thanks

5. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

I didn't seem to have bad reception. Interestingly enough, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue seems to have gone away...I wish I could be of more help.

6. joaomgcd

Glad to hear that! :)

: join chrome, mac, sms