Open Chrome extension SMS oddities for received messages

Discussion in 'Join' started by cexshun, Mar 28, 2018.

1. cexshun

cexshun New Member

I don't know if this is a cache issue or what, but it's been an annoyance the entire time(2 years now?) I've use Join. I just got a new phone and setup Join on it hoping it was an issue with the old phone, but it continues.

Sometimes when I'm in a text conversation in the chrome extension, I'll receive a notification for a different conversation. If I click on the notification, it will display very briefly, then the newest sms I just received will disappear from that conversation. I click the refresh icon, and it's still not there. It is in the SMS app on the phone though. If I close the Join window, then click on the extension button in Chrome, the new text will appear after a few minutes. This seems to only happen if I'm already in a conversation with the SMS/Phone window open.

I'll also sometimes experience the message being display in Join SMS/Phone conversation twice but each dated 1 hour apart. However, when I send an SMS, the duplicate will disappear. These duplicates do not happen on the phone's SMS app.

Edit: None of these problems seem to happen as long as the incoming sms are in the conversation I already have open in the extension, or if I do not have a conversation open. They only happen if I'm already in the extension on the SMS/Phone tab.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Does the same happen if you don't have any conversation windows open?

3. cexshun

cexshun New Member

I don't believe so. If I don't have a conversation open, I click on the notification and everything seems to be fine.

4. DSMann

DSMann New Member

I'm having the same issue, except it will sometimes last days before the messages sync back up. I've noticed it more commonly on group messages, but it's happened on any conversation. I haven't noticed it if happens when I leave a conversation open. I'll have to pay attention and see if I the pattern is the same as cexshun's.

One thing I have noticed is that the SMS/Phone view (with no conversation selected) does show the correct last message under the conversation title, but the dedicated view for the conversation doesn't show the more recent messages.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  5. Artimis

Artimis New Member

[QUOTE="DSMann, post: 42292, member: 43958"
    One thing I have noticed is that the SMS/Phone view (with no conversation selected) does show the correct last message under the conversation title, but the dedicated view for the conversation doesn't show the more recent messages.[/QUOTE]

I'm having this same problem and came here looking for solutions. Seems to happen with group MMS messages mostly. I will receive them on my phone (LG V20) and everything works/displays fine via the chrome extension. However, on my Nexus 7, I will see the last message appear correctly in the notification bar and shown under the title in the list of all conversations in Join's SMS view. But when I drill down into the actual conversation view for that thread, recent messages do not show...only older messages (and sometimes nothing at all).

Did you ever find a solution for this?