Solved Chrome Extension Window Focus

Discussion in 'Join' started by AssassinsLament, Feb 23, 2016.

1. AssassinsLament

AssassinsLament New Member

One thing I just noticed when I tried to reply to an SMS on my Windows Chrome Extension is that the focus is always on the Chrome Extension. So for instance, say you want to go to a website so you can copy some text to the SMS reply window, the Chrome Extension won't let you because it's in focus. I even tried to open a brand new Chrome window, and still couldn't get focus on the browser to type something in it.

Basically, just allow the SMS reply window to be minimized and or taken off focus so we can browse for info in Chrome or any other application, then be able to focus on the SMS reply window again to copy or type in our answer.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Weird, that doesn't happen for me. So as long as the SMS window is open you can't do anything else? What OS are you using? thanks

3. AssassinsLament

I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I totally forgot about this issue until I had an SMS come in, and it happened again. It happens when the SMS comes in and the "reply directly" window pops up. Once you click reply directly, you get a window that takes the focus and you can't do anything on that Chrome window or any new Chrome window. It doesn't happen if I ignore the "reply directly" popup, and click the Join Notification on the top right of Chrome and "Reply Directly" there.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh, right, the popup, right! Yeah, that blocks input. Ok, I'll see if I can get around that.

Thanks

5. AssassinsLament

This seems to have been fixed, haven't remembered to come check the status, Thanks!

: SMS