Solved Clicking on Join Chrome Extension, resizes entire window and opens a new prompt for devices

Discussion in 'Join' started by jwmann, Mar 27, 2017.

1. jwmann

jwmann New Member

I recently wiped my phone and had to redo all my Join settings and re-sync it all with my Chrome extension.

For some reason, when I click on the Join icon in Chrome, it's totally freaks out.
    I'm expecting the Join window to drop down below the icon as usual but instead my entire window resizes in height and another window pops up asking me to choose a device to send to (even though I wasn't trying to send anything).

Restarting chrome doesn't fix anything.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the trouble. What happens if you click on Cancel on that window that pops up?

3. jwmann

jwmann New Member

Pressing cancel will close the device choice window. The browser remains super short.
    I actually just fixed it though.

I pressed the Join icon, Window popped up, Selected my Device (Nexus 6). Nothing happened.
    I pressed the Join icon, Window popped up, Selected my Device (Nexus 6). Nothing happened.
    I pressed the Join icon, Window popped up, Selected my Device (Nexus 6). It started to sync SMS messages.

Now it works like before.
    I have no idea why it worked on the 4th try..

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for letting me know! Let me know if that happens again!

5. jwmann

jwmann New Member

Hi there, I recently did a restore and it's doing this again. Doesn't seem to be fixing the same way it did last time.

_EDIT_
    I think it somehow fixed itself by me clicking refresh? I'm not sure. I was trying to find the list of devices and figure out how to reset the chrome app but in the process it fixed it. Very strange.