Open Clipboard is garbled characters

Discussion in 'Join' started by grayple, Nov 2, 2020.

1. grayple

grayple New Member

I cannot get the clipboard to copy to other devices for some reason. When I copy a simple sentence in an SMS message from my Android phone (Pixel 5), for example, what is copied to my Chrome browser on my Windows 10 laptop looks like this:
    U2zX1Hsp3BOvgOWXrK/YcQ===:=am33SYvYemKJujbdDg4aw/Us53fa9wKVgiMTVUZwHJs5d2XeCJmAycfHeWQ6YKeX

The same thing happens if I do it in reverse and copy something from my Chrome browser. A random string of characters is pasted to the clipboard of my Android phone.

Any idea what the issue is? The diagnostics always show everything is working. I have encryption set with the same password on both devices. Is this some encrypted version of the actual text that is not getting decrypted?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That happens when your devices have different encryption passwords set :)

3. grayple

grayple New Member

I assumed as much. I literally copy/paste the encryption password into both devices from LastPass, so I know it's the same.

4. lume

lume New Member

Are you absolutely sure you copied it without spaces before or after the password? Perhaps try a shorter more reliable one? I'm not too sure if there are limitations on passwords but doesn't hurt to try I guess.
    Since you're still getting garbled characters then something has gone wrong in the process. Try to make absolutely sure that it is set correctly on all devices.