AutoWear Correct step count

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Son of 8-Bits, May 12, 2018.

1. Son of 8-Bits

Son of 8-Bits New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get the steps from my watch in Tasker. So far getting it to work isn't hard: Plugin-> Autowear-> App, with configuration: Command: <steps>.
    then I flash %awmessage on screen to see how many steps I've taken today.

The problem is, my watch's complication (currently) states 1933 steps but %awmessage returns 1335. Clearly these are not the same number. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Additional info/thoughts:
    - I've turned the watch off before going to bed, but I went to bed after 12 AM, are the steps taken after midnight now 'lost' to Autowear and is it only displaying the number of steps since I woke up and turned the watch back on?
    - Last night when I was trying to do the same thing, the watch had more than double the amount of steps I had taken that day. I had about 16000 steps on the watch, but Autowear returned over 38000.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

H there. The number of steps in AutoWear return the number of steps taken by the user since the last reboot. Is that maybe the issue here?

3. Son of 8-Bits

Son of 8-Bits New Member

Aha! Didn't know that, thanks.

4. Morgane

Morgane New Member

Is there a way to modify this behavior and get the daily steps instead? Is it possible to retrieve the Google fit step counter instead?