AutoInput Detect UI component

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by gwar9999, Mar 26, 2015.

1. gwar9999

gwar9999 New Member

On the Spotify app on some screens there is the play/pause widget. I can have Autoinput click on it but I only want to do it the button is present and if it's not I want to perform another action. I know Auto input can query for text but what about a widget/button/image?

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does that button have any text associated with it when you do the easy setup (even if the text is not visible, sometimes buttons have it)?
    If not you can always use the AutoInput Action to try to click it with a low timeout like 5 seconds and with "Continue on Error" enabled. Then check for the error in the next step. If there is an error then the button didn't get clicked and you can do the other thing. Hope this helps!

3. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

If with the "play/pause widget" you mean the bar at the bottom you can just set up an AutoInput Query. For me I have ran "Easy Setup", queried Spotify with the widget being there and then in the "Select fields" list checked the second entry from the bottom which should be the title of the current track playing. Then you can just assign that to a variable (%title in my case) and later check with "if %title is set" and "if %title is not set" if the widget is present or not.
    Hope this helps.

: tasker, spotify