Open Double notifications for SMS (and others)

Discussion in 'Join' started by Alexjoinuser, May 30, 2017.

1. Alexjoinuser

Alexjoinuser New Member

Everything working great BUT when I get a SMS notification (and email I believe) I get one from my named device (with a colour profile image of the sender) and one from join. They are the same notification but seem to be from my named device/phone and from the join service running on it?
    Could not see anything in settings to fix this, message service is ticked in apps section on phone and using chrome extension to receive the notification on a chromebook

Can anybody figure this out?

Thanks in advance

So, have been investigating this further...
    Only happens with SMS messages - the 'messages' app is ticked on android device and sends a notification to the chromebook perfectly with a profile pic of the sender, this is shown as originating from 'messages'. There is an additional notification originating from 'join' and does not feature the profile pic (just a generic silhouette) sent at exactly the same time...
    Here is the challenge - what setting (if there is one) will turn off the 'join' notification but retain the 'messages' one?
    I can only see a way to turn off notifications/SMS completely (I think)?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    manyhorsesmanes likes this.
  2. chickenteriyakiwithrice

chickenteriyakiwithrice New Member

In my experience, Join treats SMS notifications and the SMS App notifications separately. So if you have both ticked, you get both.
    I unticked my SMS App from Join, but left the default SMS notifications active and I started only getting 1 notification.
    So try this - untick your default SMS App in "Notification Apps" and see if that works.

3. Alexjoinuser

Alexjoinuser New Member

Thanks for your reply and help - I have not tried this yet but assumed it would work.
    The problem is that you will then not get the profile image/better formatted notification...
    My preference would be that the SMS notification is treated like email - you choose the app and join just gives you that one (in my case thats inbox). Seems strange it is only SMS that gets treated this way.