Open Error sending SMS: Permission.phone state

Discussion in 'Join' started by ikarasu, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ikarasu

ikarasu New Member

Good afternoon. I'm a recent pushbullet converter, and I love the service. For the past week or so though, I've been getting this error...usually when it's a 4-5 line message.

error sending SMS: java.lang.securityexception: Requires Read_phone_state: Neither user 10268 nor current process has android.permission.read_phone_state.

I've tried re-enabling SMS sending, re-selecting my chrome device. Both have went through diagnostics and passed. Even tried a seperate computer... nothing seems to fix it. Any help?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that error comes up from time to time but seems totally random :( Wish I could figure out what was causing it, but I haven't been able to yet. I'll keep trying to figure it out, thanks for the report.

3. operator207

operator207 New Member

A fix for this would be great, does this go away, or are we stuck with only sending small texts now?

4. joaomgcd

Just to clarify: do you always get this when writing a long text? Or does it not happen sometimes?

5. operator207

operator207 New Member

It happened a couple times yesterday. Sending this text to my wife (multiple attempts, it never went through):
    173 Characters

It happened repeatedly (I copied and pasted it into join a couple times, failing every time) but in between trying to send that text I could send

or
    to her.

Today, I sent this text to my wife as well (same computer on same network):
    191 Characters
    This one has no issues and is longer.

I am using Textra, I hear it can have issues, though I have had zero issues with it so far and I think I have been running this since I saw Join was an app on AndroidCentral or Android Police (I can't remember which though)

I just tried sending the first text message above again, same error. I then sent the second message above right after it, and it worked fine. The only difference is the quotes and colon that differ between the two.

Let me know if you need more info.

6. ktrahan

ktrahan New Member

I've encountered this too and it's been when I'm copying something and pasting it out of Chrome to send as an SMS in the Join Chrome extension. For example, I was on my PC and wanted to send an interesting page to a contact so I copied and pasted the headline of the article and then copy and pasted the URL. It never sent out of the 4 or 5 times I tried. I ended up sending it to my phone over the clipboard action in Join and pasting it into the text app on my phone and it finally sent.

I attributed it to running into some kind of issue with HTML tags or RTF or something when copying and pasting out of the browser, but I don't know. For what it's worth, I'm also using Textra as the SMS app on my phone.

7. joaomgcd

8. operator207

operator207 New Member

That worked! I sent the line again, and it went through!

9. joaomgcd

Awesome :D Glad it works!

10. operator207

operator207 New Member

Super Support!
    :)

11. joaomgcd

No problem! :) Be sure to rate the app 5 stars on Google Play if you like it ;)

12. operator207

operator207 New Member

Will do. Sent you a donation (hence the Super Support comment) as well. :)

13. joaomgcd

Awesome :D Really really appreciate it, thank you very much!

: errors