Solved Extensive lag while a push is happening.

Discussion in 'Join' started by Dumaru, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

Join sends a push after each SMS sent, so that connected devices are up to date. During that push, The phone lags and hangs up till it is finished. Mainly notice it when I am sending a few SMS messages back to back. After sending one message, I start typing the next immediately(while the push is being sent) and the phone just hangs/lags till push is finished.

If I turn off Join's push notifications the issue disappears.

I am on a Verizon Galaxy Note 5, Android 5.1.1

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

What do you mean exactly by "If I turn off Join's push notifications the issue disappears"?

What setting do you change to do this?
    Thanks

3. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

Join > Settings > SMS
    Turning off SMS Service and unchecking all devices in SMS Devices seemed to fix issue.

This actually may have been issue with my phone. I did a factory reset on Friday and upgraded to Marshmallow. I have not really noticed it so far. Though I have not really sent many SMS messages over the weekend. I will continue to test it out over the next few days to see if it still persist. If it does not appear to be happening anymore, I shall close this one as solved.

joaomgcd likes this.
  4. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

I have come to the conclusion that the issue must be with Google Hangouts. I did not notice the issue when using the stock SMS app.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback!