AutoInput Feature request: timer based selection mode

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by gwar9999, Aug 10, 2015.

1. gwar9999

gwar9999 New Member

Sometimes it takes a few actions to navigate to the app/screen you wish to control via AutoInput when using the Easy mode wizard. For instance, before I opened Tasker I brought up the screen I wanted to work with. Then I created my task using the AI plugin. When prompted to select the app I pressed the recent apps button and went to select the previous screen from the list-- however, AI kept thinking the thing I wanted to press was on the app selection screen (and forced me to re-select or cancel... re-selecting just kept doing the same thing), so I was unable to navigate to the app from this list since AI kept stealing focus. So at times it can be awkward, annoying and/or frustrating to me.

It would be nice if I can instruct AI to pause/delay intercepting the click until I knew for sure that the app was ready for input. Think of it like a screenshot utility that has a timer mode feature.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can simply not press the re-select or cancel buttons until you are ready for input again :)

: timer, delay