Open Feedback from trying Join PC

Discussion in 'Join' started by traycerb, Jun 27, 2020.

1. traycerb

traycerb New Member

I was planning on buying Join, due to limitations with other solutions e.g. pushbullet. I was going to buy for use with my PC without even a trial since it was so well regarded, but ended up doing the trial first. My impression after the trial is over is that I was a little disappointed.

The SMS from the PC wasn't very robust. Issues included no way to search contacts, unable to add emoji, confusing group texts headers, MMS pics not showing up, etc). I couldn't control various notifications, like "Battery is OK." I'm not even sure what that means, but I generally don't want updates about my battery, but didn't know where to turn it off.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a critical post in a complaining or entitled way. I know this is a small operation, and by all accounts, the dev is responsive and receptive, which is a major reason I thought I would offer my honest feedback after having used the app.

2. traycerb

traycerb New Member

it's too bad this has been moderated out of view. i thought this approach would have been more appreciated than a negative review.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Sorry about the delay. Unfortunately this forum has a lot of spam and I haven't had time lately to go through all of it.
    I appreciate your feedback!

Just to clarify, how were you using the app with your PC? Was that with the Chrome extension or via the website?