AutoWear Google fit start workout task

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by wkch, Jan 23, 2018.

1. wkch

wkch New Member

So I've been looking around but I can't find a solution. I'm trying to start/launch tracking my bike ride (on my watch) with Google fit. I already managed to make this work on my phone by launching an intent task for Google fit, but since I want to see the stats on my watch while biking I want to start tracking via watch. Does anyone know if there's a way to send an intent to my watch with autowear? I tried to send a 'command' with an intent with no luck (I think I'm doing it wrong, not even sure what type of format it should be)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try using the AutoWear App action to launch the app by name?

3. wkch

wkch New Member

Yes, I managed to get the app starting by package name ("com.google.android.apps.fitness"). But what I want is for it to directly start tracking my activity. In this case a biking activity. (Right now I would have to manually scroll down and select a few options to start the activity)

4. joaomgcd

Unfortunately I don't think I can help you there, sorry! :(

5. wkch

wkch New Member

Aah thats too bad. I was looking through the developers website of android wear and found the intents needed ( developer.android.com/training/wearables/apps/voice.html ) I thought I could fire an intent to my wearable with the Autowear 'command' module.

6. xjw

xjw New Member

The Wear OS apps menu includes a shortcut for "Fit Workout" that takes you directly to the workout selection. There are a number of other useful shortcuts here such as "Timer" which I would like to add to an Autowear Buttons Launcher screen. Is there a way to call these shortcuts in the Wear OS apps list ?

7. joaomgcd

Unfortunately there's not right now, sorry!