AutoVoice Google Home w/ guest users

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by blarson, Sep 8, 2017.

1. blarson

blarson New Member

I'm using autovoice with natural language and api.ai webhooks to control my home automaton system and read back information about sensor statuses. It works perfectly, but currently only I can access this with my profile. I would like to open it up for guests and other users. Is there a way for autovoice to be accessible to all Google home voice profiles and guest users?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I'm not really sure. Can you use other third-party actions on Google Home with your guest users?

3. blarson

blarson New Member

Some can, but only the ones that don't require linking a service, such as the entertainment services. I believe the one exception would be the home control services. Those can be used by anyone. I guess I wasn't sure if there was a way autovoice could have the option to share with all Google home users instead of being tied to each user. As I think about this though, I'm sure there's nothing you can do as it's more of a Google logistical issue. It needs to be associated with each user in the case that multiple people use autovoice and want their own custom commands. I think I just answered my own question.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, you actually did :) Sorry!