Open Group Message Names

Discussion in 'Join' started by apockey, Mar 9, 2018.

1. apockey

apockey New Member

Hello,

When I am texting in a group message, the names of my each specific person aren't showing up. It just shows all the people together in each name bubble. Is there a way to separate this? It works sometimes, but not all the time.

David Raymond and Joe G like this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you clarify what exactly works sometimes for you?

3. Joe G

Joe G New Member

Group message.png
    I think this is what apockey was referring to. Occasionally a message will appear with all of the group member's names in the Sender field. When this happens you can't tell who the sender was so it can be a little confusing.

4. joaomgcd

Weird, never got that myself! Will try to figure it out thanks

5. mrgile

mrgile New Member

Yes, this is happening to me as well.
    The first few messages come over, and then the sender never shows up again. Appears to be an MMS parsing issue of some sort.

6. jgoulet

jgoulet New Member

This seems to happen at random to me.

7. xerostatus

xerostatus New Member

Has there been any fix to this? I am going out of my mind with this problem. I have to turn off the sms function and then back on to re-sync it, and even then half the time it doesn't actual resolve it. One of the main reasons I made the jump from pushbullet to join was because of the way it *seemed* (when i was testing it for a short time) to handle group messages better by displaying the sender's name. At least with pushbullet, you can mouse-over and check the sender's name that way, but on join it just doesn't show it at all (displays the name of EVERY person in the group, as described by others here). Each day I'm closer and closer to caving and giving up my favorite sms app (Textra) in favor for Pulse which can do sms on desktop/etc. natively. I love 99% of Join, but this group sms thing is... frustrating.

8. joaomgcd

Sorry about that :( It's really hard for me to test MMS messages because they are really expensive (about $1 a message) where I live. MMS are very rarely used and everybody just uses SMS, Whatsapp or email...

9. David Raymond

David Raymond New Member

I am also having this issue. I am willing to be a beta tester if that expedites the process.