Open How to completely reset Join?

Discussion in 'Join' started by ziekke, Mar 26, 2016.

1. ziekke

ziekke New Member

I've deleted the folder on google drive, the app, deleted all the devices.. but now when it goes to upload SMS it gives a "file not found" error. I actually seem to get that as well when I try to set join up using a different account.

Also, after I deleted all my files on my google drive, the join web app was still able to see all my texts........where are they being stored if not on the google drive folder that I deleted?

Also, are there known issues using Join with the text app Signal?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, just so I understand, are you looking to completely remove Join? Or do you want to reset and start over?

About Signal, I think that it uses its own database instead of the regular Android one so that may cause some issues.

thanks

3. ziekke

ziekke New Member

Turns out I forgot I posted this here and posted a new thread. Gah.

In any case yes, reset and start over (which i assumed included completely removing Join).

Is Signal something that can be supported in the future if this is the case? It seems to make sense that Signal would separate itself I suppose :)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you simply want to start over regarding your SMS messages you should be able to simply disable and re-enable the SMS service on your phone. That clears all SMS files from Google Drive and re-uploads the necessary ones.

Since Signal is using its own database there's no way for me to access it, sorry!

: reset