AutoLocation How To Use AutoLocation Activity Monitor As Reminder To Take Phone From Car

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Andyw2100, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 New Member

I would like to use the Activity Monitor in AutoLocation and Tasker in order to create a reminder alarm and then later an SMS message if I forget my cellphone in my car. I was trying to do this with a combination of disconnection of the Bluetooth connection and AutoLocation settings. I can't figure out how to get the AutoLocation settings working properly in the tasks area. There is no video tutorial for that, and I can't seem to find any written instructions. The only way to set the AutoLocation settings that is obvious is in the first step, as a State, which did appear in a video tutorial.

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this.

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To use the activity monitor you should start it with the "AutoLocation Activity" action in Tasker. Then to react to the activity setup a profile with the "AutoLocation Activity" event condition. Hope this helps

3. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 New Member

Actually that doesn't help me at all.

From the description of your app, I found this:

--
    Activity Monitor:
    - Change your settings or do any Tasker action based on your current activity
    - Activities include walking, in a vehicle, cycling, standing still or tilting the device
    - Advanced matching options like level of confidence of an activity and ignoring certain activities while doing others (like ignoring phone tilting while walking)
    - You have access to these Tasker variables in the Entry Task (and only in the Entry Task) of an "AutoLocation Activities" condition:
    - %alactivity (IN_VEHICLE = 0; ON_BICYCLE = 1;ON_FOOT = 2; STILL = 3; UNKNOWN = 4; TILTING = 5;)
    - %alactivitydesc (description for the above code)
    - %alactivityconf (confidence level that the detected activity is correct; from 0 to 100)
    - You can activate or deactivate the Activity Monitor at any time with a Tasker plugin action
    --

Could you please explain the correct format for using these variables in the Task area?
    For example, I have tried:

If %alactivity=3
    If %alactivity~3
    If %alactivitydesc=STILL
    if %alactivitydesc~STILL

I tried each of those to attempt to recognize a lack of movement in the phone.
    Is the format wrong?

Thanks.

4. enewsdigest

enewsdigest New Member

Daer Andy,

I have the same issue. Do you have a solution

5. enewsdigest

enewsdigest New Member

Please find below my Profile description.

Profile: Motion (18)
    Restore: no
    Event: Phone Ringing [ Caller:* ]
    Enter: Driving (9)
    A1: AutoLocation Activities [ Configuration:Starting Activity Monitor
    Report Interval: null seconds Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A2: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A3: If [ %alactivity eq 3 ]
    A4: Send SMS [ Number:+9999999999 Message:I am driving and will call you back. If it's an emergency please call me back again twice. Store In Messaging App:Off ]
    A5: End If
    A6: AutoLocation Activities [ Configuration:Stopping Activity Monitor
    Report Interval: null seconds Timeout (Seconds):0 ]