Open How to use Join without using data?

Discussion in 'Join' started by Sal C, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Sal C

Sal C New Member

I'm wondering if there's an option I'm missing where no data is used whatsoever. Pushbullet (which I switched from) had an option where everything only "pushed" while connected to wifi.
    Join seems to have an option wherein I can stop notifications from going unless I'm on wifi, but not SMS. Every SMS I send seems to be backing up, and as a result I've seen my data usage from Android OS shoot through the roof. I am wondering if the two are correllated (as Android OS data seems to include google sync) and the uptick in Android OS data usage has been since I installed Join.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I would say that is not related because data would be assigned to Join and not the OS in general. Can you check the data usage for Join in your Android settings please?

3. Sal C

Sal C New Member

My join data is only 11.96. I didn't think it would be the cause, but I've been just exploring what could be the case. I've been posting on Project Fi and Android forums and there seem to be many people having issues with Android OS taking up a ton of background data. I just thought I'd explore the correlation since some people had theorized there were sync operations in the background. And I noticed that the Android OS usage started to increase heavily 2 days after I switched to Join.

: join