AutoLocation Identical setups behaving differently on two phones (slow geofence updates)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by destructure00, Dec 31, 2016.

1. destructure00

destructure00 New Member

I am using Tasker and AutoLocation to detect when I get home. I'm using an inner and outer geofence. Outer is set to 1500m radius, inner is set to 120m radius. Tasker is set up to turn Location Monitor on to high accuracy with updates every 3 seconds when inside the Outer geofence, then check me in as arriving home when I enter the Inner geofence.

This all works perfectly on my Droid Turbo 2. I set up an identical set of rules on my wife's HTC One M9. It works great if I have the phone on and checking the state of the Tasker profiles. However, if the phone is off (meaning screen off/idle, not powered off), it does not update for quite awhile after she actually arrives home. I tried expanding the Outer geofence to 2000m with identical results. Also set both Tasker and AutoLocation to be excluded from Doze/Battery Optimization with no change. Verified that her Location Services are set to High Accuracy. I think this is an issue with the phone rather than AutoLocation, as other geofencing apps like SmartThings and IFTTT are much slower to update on her phone than mine too, but was hoping that I might find a solution here. Any ideas or suggestions on what I can try to get location to update more frequently on the HTC?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe it's something related to doze on marshmallow?