AutoWear Issue with latest version 1.0.5

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Kimagure, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Kimagure

Kimagure New Member

Hi

AutoWear version 1.0.4 is working fine with my LG G Watch R (Android Wear 5.0.2) and my LG G3 (Android 4.4.2)

When upgrading to the latest 1.0.5, nothing works anymore : the "shake" movement does not work, launching the autowear app from mini launcher does not display the "voice command" screen.

In the main app on the phone, when clicking on any menu item (Manage Screens, manage xxxx...), the app freezes on the "please wait" screen (so I can't manage any item).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling completely, and I'm stuck on the initial wizard ("Not Sent" message when using the note to self command). If I cancel the wizard, I still cannot create the voice screen (stuck on the "please wait" screen).

Restoring app data with Titanium Backup on a fresh 1.0.5 install does not work.
    Restoring the full 1.0.4 backup works fine.

Any idea ?

K.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe there wasn't enough time for the watch app to be installed on your watch after you upgraded to 1.0.5? Can that be it? Or maybe something changed the 1.0.5 version on your phone and then it can't communicate with the watch app? Something like greenify or lucky patcher or freedom app? Sorry for the hassle.

3. Kimagure

Kimagure New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I have the "Wear apps tracker" app installed : I get a notification on the watch whenever an app is installed or removed, so I'm pretty sure the AutoWear watch app was installed before using the phone app.
    As I also tried with a full uninstall/install of the app. As the autowatch icons were visible on my watch launcher, it should probably mean that the app was already re-installed.

I have no application that should modify apps on the fly. I have Xposed, I only use modules that modify stock LG apps.

I can try reinstalling again. Can I enable some logging mechanism that could help you diagnosing the issue (either on the watch, on the autowear app on the phone, or on the device logs) ?

My phone is rooted by the way, but I suppose this should not be an issue (as I had no problem with previous versions).
    It's the first time I have an issue upgrading since using the alpha versions of autowear...

K.

4. joaomgcd

Ok, just thought of something else. I upgraded to Google Play Services 7.0 in the latest AutoWear. Maybe your watch hasn't gotten that version yet?
    Sorry for the trouble

5. Kimagure

Kimagure New Member

Sorry, I have version 7.3.29 (1866531-030) of Google Play services, so it's probably not the cause of the issue.

I'll try resetting my watch to factory settings to see if I've still issues.
    I'll keep you informed.

In the meanwhile, if you have other ideas, please tell !

K.

6. Kimagure

Kimagure New Member

Hi

I unstalled AutoWear again, I uninstalled/reinstalled the Android Wear app and I reset my watch to factory settings,
    AW 1.0.5 is still not working :(

On the watch itself, running the "autowear" app from the launcher does nothing (watch goes back to watch face)
    Running the "autowear settings" app on the watch seems to work as intended (the "setup shake" command is working fine)

I can see the "autowear command &connected& / &disconnected&" toasts, so I suppose AW can "see" the watch. This is confirmed by the second screen of the initial setup wizard (connection to your watch confirmed".

I cannot pass the "note to self" step of the wizard (I get a "not sent" error on the watch)
    All the "manage xxx" screens in the phone app stay stuck on the "please wait / getting current xxxx from your watch".

I tried activating the logs & system logs in both the phone app and the watch app, but I see nothing in the logs (only the connect/disconnect commands)

My watch is in French whereas my phone is in US English, not sure if this changes anything.

Uninstalling and restoring to 1.0.4 from my backup is still working fine

Any fresh idea ?

7. joaomgcd

Sorry about that. :( Can you please try this new build? I've added a new system logs when trying to send messages that hopefully will tell us why it isn't working.

Sorry!

8. Kimagure

Kimagure New Member

It was still not working with this build, but I've just had an update of the Android Wear app on my phone, with a new Google Play Services update on the watch.

I uninstalled AW, restored my 1.0.4 backup and upgraded to the official 1.0.5 from the Play Store again, and now it's working !

Sorry we were not able to find the actual cause of the issue, but I'm happy it's working again...

Thanks !

9. joaomgcd

Ok, so that must've been it! The Google Play services on your watch probably weren't up to date yet! :D Glad we got that one out of the way :)

: autowear