Open Join API Rate Limits?

Discussion in 'Join' started by Joel4990, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Joel4990

Joel4990 New Member

Apologies if this is posted somewhere I've been unable to find it via google or search on the forums. Is there any kind of rate/usage limit on the Join API? I just discovered this app and have been thoroughly impressed. I really just wanted a way to mute media volume on my android device via webhook and this worked flawlessly the first handful of times but then it stopped working then it would work again then stop again. It felt like I was hitting some sort of rate limit but the "success" response continued to return true so I'm a little confused. Any ideas what may be going on here?

Edit: Restarting phone seems to have corrected it? Still curious if there's a rate limit I should be adhering to. I have a rasperry pi powered door chime system built with Python and I'm making a get request to the API to mute my phone anytime someone opens the door at my job. I don't want to get in trouble for making too many calls on a busy day if there's a lot of customers going in and out.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

There's no limit although if you use the API too much my server costs will go up making it harder for me to keep the project alive :) So please keep that in mind if you can ;)

: android, join, webhook, api