Open Join Received Push in kid apk

Discussion in 'Join' started by Adi Corrales, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Adi Corrales

Adi Corrales New Member

A little context. I want to use an old phone as a tasker server to run google home commands via ifttt, (join web request) even when my personal phone is not near (the wife have a iphone, so no tasker). This old phone will be stored and not easily accessed, so I want to edit my tasks in my phone and push them to the server, whenever the wife wants a new personalized action. So far, the only way I found to do that is to sync an autobackup and restore manually on server, but is a PIA to do that (I didn't found any scheduled autorestore option).

The structure in my project is something like: home voice command triggers a google routine that sends a code word like "server task : name of the task" to ifttt, ifttt detects server $ and makes a web request to the server phone sending "task : name of the task", a join received push event gets the word "task :" and triggers a task sending "task : name of the task" that clean up all spaces and capitalice the "name of the task" and finally calls a task included in the project. (If there is an easiest way to do that, please let me know). This works pretty good, although I have a "small" delay between the voice command and the action (around 3 or 4 seconds).

I thought that creating a project app with factory including my join received push event, sync with the server and install it automatically is an easiest way to make maintenance to my tasks. I can do that, but the app seems to ignore all join push that ifttt is sending. If I enable the profile in the server, the tasks included in the project runs ok from the server, no matter who send the command. I've tried to have a persistent notification (triggered the first time I run my app), turning on accessibility, enabling and disabling tasker, to no avail. My app never get the join push and react to it. Is it even possible to let the app to listen to join pushes? Am I missing something? (I have all pluggins I own, needed or not, in the server).

Thanks in advance and I hope I were clear enough to let you understand my issue.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I think it should work, although to be honest I never tried it myself...
    Do Join actions work in the kid app?

3. Adi Corrales

Adi Corrales New Member

"Do Join actions work in the kid app?" I've not tried them. Let me test and return with feedback.

EDIT: nop. Actions works with the tasker profile active, but not with the kid.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I mean the action to send a push from the phone to a different device...