AutoWear Keeping Variable Value Updated

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by flexxx, May 6, 2016.

1. flexxx

flexxx New Member

Good afternoon.

Is there a way to "auto-refresh" the value for a variable?

I created a notification on my watch that shows up, when the battery level of my phone goes below 25%. The text of the notification is "Battery: %BATT%". (%BATT is one of the predefined variables in Tasker; I did not define it myself.) This way it shows me the level of my phone`s battery when I expand the notification. However, it keeps the initial value even if the battery level decreases further, i.e. it keeps showing "Battery: 25%".

Is there a way that the notification stays active but the value of the variable changes accordingly?

My compromise solution would be to have several profiles in Tasker (battery <25%, battery <20%, battery <15%, ...) in order to hide and display the same notification again and again.

Thanks for any ideas how to automate this more elegantly!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately you really need to re-create the notification with the same values so that Tasker sends its updated values to AutoWear. If you create a notification with the same ID it will overwrite the previous one, so do that :)

Sorry, there's really no way around it.

3. flexxx

flexxx New Member

Thanks for the fast reply!!

4. flexxx

flexxx New Member

In case anybody has a similar problem, I came up with another workaround - nothing special though..

1. I activated "content icon" for the notification.
    2. For Button 1 I set "RefreshBATT" as action.
    3. Then I created a new profile in Tasker: AutoWear Command.
    4. As Command Filter I used "RefreshBATT" again.
    5. The profile triggers the notification again (the one containing the battery variable).

If you now click on the notification, the current value is shown after about two seconds. Just like João said, the notification containing the "old" value for the variable gets hidden and immediately the same notification appears again - showing the current value for the variable.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting that! :)