AutoNotification Locate lost phone. Send back GPS coordinates

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Schroeder, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder New Member

Alright all, I'm trying to use auto notifications as well as auto web (didn't know which thread to post in as both plugins are used) to send my phone a text to find it. Sending the phone the text will turn on data, turn on all location services and GPS, take front and back pics, upload them to Google drive, and send the GPS latitude, longitude, and maps location. I followed this tutorial but am having some issues.

The picture-taking, uploads, data turn-on, location turn-on, and GPS turn-on works great, but the phone just sends back the bad link that I entered from the video. Also, I'm not sure if the variable he shows is the precise coordinates that I want. His variable may be the location based off network- which is not nearly accurate enough to find a phone laying in a field or something like that. Im a farmer, so being able to find it in a field is a must.

I have added to this profile and task, but I'm not having problems with those portions. Can someone please chime in on this? Here's what I have so far.

Locate Phone (6)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%phoneloc To:%LOC Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A2: Mobile Data [ Set:On ]
    A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:GPS Enabled Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A4: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Location Mode/High Accuracy Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A5: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Location Services Enabled Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A6: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A7: Get Location [ Source:GPS Timeout (Seconds):100 Continue Task Immediately:Off Keep Tracking:Off ]
    A8: Send SMS [ Number:%SMSRF Message:Your phone location is: http://maps.google.com/map?z=12&t=m&q=loc:%LOC
    Also, surrounding view is in your Google Drive Store In Messaging App:Off ]
    A9: Take Photo [ Camera:Front Filename:front picture location Naming Sequence:None Insert In Gallery:On Discreet:Off Resolution:1600x1200 Scene Mode:Auto White Balance:Auto Flash Mode:Auto Focus Mode:Fixed ]
    A10: Take Photo [ Camera:Rear Filename:rear picture location Naming Sequence:None Insert In Gallery:On Discreet:Off Resolution:1600x1200 Scene Mode:Auto White Balance:Auto Flash Mode:Auto Focus Mode:Auto ]
    A11: AutoWeb Download [ Configuration:Remote File Url: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Tasker/Front Picture.jpg
    Download ID: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Tasker/Front Picture.jpg
    Local File Name Or Path: front location picture
    Download Title: location: http://maps.google.com/maps?z=12&t=m&q=loc:%LOC
    Web Service: Google Drive
    Show Download Notification: true
    Wait To Finish: true
    Overwrite: true
    Download On Metered: true
    Download On Roaming: true Timeout (Seconds):320 ]
    A12: AutoWeb Download [ Configuration:Remote File Url: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Tasker/Front Picture.jpg
    Download ID: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Tasker/rear Picture.jpg
    Local File Name Or Path: rear location picture
    Download Title: location: http://maps.google.com/maps?z=12&t=m&q=loc:%LOC
    Web Service: Google Drive
    Show Download Notification: true
    Wait To Finish: true
    Overwrite: true
    Download On Metered: true
    Download On Roaming: true Timeout (Seconds):320 ]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, just to confirm, what part isn't working like you want it to exactly? Is it that the link isn't working? does the link contain %LOC instead of the actual location?

3. Schroeder

Schroeder New Member

This actually does work now. It wasn't sending me the coordinates because adaway was blocking maps from working. All is good now.

However, I would like to know if there is a more precise way than what I have laid out here to get the coordinates.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can try to use AutoLocation Location monitoring. Have you ever tried that?