AutoVoice Looking to hire Tasker programmer to create profile(s)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by jmvallee, Mar 26, 2018.

1. jmvallee

jmvallee New Member

I recently upgraded from an S4 (with Lollipop) to an S9. The S4 had the "hands-free" one touch option under Settings and I used it A LOT! I do not use BT or a headset and my phone is not glued to my hip. About half the time, it is a few feet away. I use speakerphone about 90% of the time, even when it's beside me.
    Now I need to recreate the same functionality on the S9.
    I have spent 2 weeks trying to craft a profile based on examples posted by lots of good folks.
    I am an experienced database programmer by trade but I am stuck.
    I have a Notepad file with all the steps I want Tasker to take and I have purchased AutoVoice , AutoTools, AutoContacts, and AutoNotification so I think I have everything I need.
    Now I want to hire someone to take my step by step descriptions and create a profile (or more than 1) to get this feature back.
    Anyone interested in taking on this job? If so, please PM me, and I'll send you my notepad file.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please clarify what you mean by adding the "hands-free" one touch option under Settings? What does this look like exactly? What does it do? Simply enable speakerphone? Thanks!

3. jmvallee

jmvallee New Member

I think I have figured it out. needs some more testing..
    The idea is:
    State = Phone Ringing
    1. See if Call blocker app intercepts call (I get a LOT of spam calls) (use AutoNotify)
    (may need a wait statement here to let call blocker finish doing its thing...)
    2. If not, see if %CNUM is in my contacts (use AutoContact)
    3. If in Contacts, announce name 2 times
    4. If not in Contacts, announce "unknown caller" and %CNUM 2 times ( have to parse so Tasker doesn't read it as a huge number)
    5. Turn on voice recognition (use AutoVoice)
    6. Use AutoVoice to get either "answer" or "reject" voice command
    7. If "answer", pick up phone (use AutoTool) and set speakerphone on, media volume to 15
    8. If reject, End Call
    9. Turn off voice recognition.

Works fine in test mode. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to turn off AutoVoice dialog off I don't say anything. Timeout choices don't seem to make any difference.
    And until I actually get a spam call from a number in my call blocker db, it's impossible to test that part of it.
    Once I'm satisfied that it works correctly, I'll post the profile...

I was very surprised and frustrated when the hands-free option disappeared from Settings... It basically did steps 2 - 8 by simply turning it on.

4. joaomgcd

Glad you got it by itself! :) About the dialog, you can probably use the no-dialog option in AutoVoice to make it recognize in the background. That should work like you want it right?

5. jmvallee

jmvallee New Member

Not what I want... There should be a way to turn off the dialog (after so many seconds) and stop recognizing. I don't want/need the "I didn't get that...".
    Is there a way to turn AutoVoice Recognize OFF?
    Still working on the AutoNotify portion. Need tasker to FIRST see if call blocker has posted a notification. If not proceed...
    Tried using AutoNotify but the call blocker I'm using is older. App says it doesn't return category...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. joaomgcd

That dialog is not controlled by me unfortunately. It's just a built-in dialog that Google provides so I have no control over how it works.