Solved MMS reply problems with Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Join' started by plastikman, Jan 30, 2018.

1. plastikman

plastikman New Member

Hi,

I have been using Join for quite some time and for sending/receiving SMS the app works great. Receiving MMS works without an issue, but sending MMS is a problem.

The issue that I have with Join is when I reply to an MMS message a new conversation is created that includes my number, causing a new thread to show up on my phone, but not on my join chrome extension. The second issue is my phone receives a bunch of read receipts and thus I get an additional notification for each contact in the thread. If I reply directly from my phone none of the above issues happen.

I am using a Galaxy S8+ running android 7.0 using the Samsung messenger application. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Is that maybe caused by the defaults Messaging app? If you have the time, could you please try a different app and see how that works?

Sorry for the trouble.

3. plastikman

plastikman New Member

I have not had time to verify this yet. I assume this is related to the stock app, I will install a different app and test. On the S8 the stock app doesn't suck as bad as it has in the past. I would really like this to work with the stock app.

4. plastikman

plastikman New Member

I just installed the stock messenger app (messenger) and the same still happens.

The duplicate conversation still happens, the multiple read receipts do not come through tho.

5. joaomgcd

Thanks for trying. I'll try to figure out what could be wrong.

6. plastikman

plastikman New Member

After upgrading to Oreo it looks like the duplicate conversation issue may be gone. Perhaps it was an issue with Samsungs custom 7.0?

7. joaomgcd

Glad to hear that, thank you very much :) Let's hope that's the case!

: MMS Samsung