AutoRemote No messages received on Windows 10

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Kimon, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kimon

Kimon New Member

I'm new to AutoRemote - it seems like a great app. I have no problems on my Android devices, Chromebook, or Windows 7 laptop, however I can receive no messages via Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop.

- The Windows box can send messages/notifications without problems
    - It registered itself to my Android devices
    - The "test message" under Options works
    - I'm running Norton Security Suite, but turned off the firewall to no avail.
    - I opened the console for the autoremote extension (under extensions developers options), but I see nothing written to it when a message is sent to Win10 PC.
    - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    -Kimon

2. Kimon

Kimon New Member

Update: I installed EventGhost on the Win 10 Home PC, and I can receive AutoRemote messages in EventGhost (which is great), however not in Chrome.

I'm running Chrome version 47.0.2526.111 m. This is the multi-user version of Chrome (since I have multiple accounts on the PC ...)

Again, thanks for any help.
    Kimon

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try sending a message from your chrome's personal URL webpage?

4. Kimon

Kimon New Member

Using my chrome personal URL webpage from another computer either on my network or via cell network shows nothing - no message received, and nothing written to the chrome extension console.

Also, I should point out sending a message to EventGhost works over local WiFi, but not when my phone is on the cell network (which makes sense given the above)..

I appreciate the help,
    -Kimon

5. joaomgcd

Can you please try uninstalling and re-installing the extension? Maybe that'll fix it? Sorry for the trouble

6. Kimon

Kimon New Member

Uninstalling and re-installing the extension didn't work. However, I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed the "normal" Chrome version for one account. Now AutoRemote is working on the PC! (I don't know if the issue was the version of Chrome installed, or something that the Win 10 upgrade had broken for Chrome.)

Thanks for the help. I probably should have just tried re-installing Chrome in the first place before posting.

Regards,
    -Kimon

7. joaomgcd