AutoVera Notification Delays

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TomTcom, Jun 28, 2015.

1. -jbwalt

-jbwalt New Member

Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same problems. Random delays in receiving the alerts on my phone for autovera. I have a Galaxy Note Edge, VeraEdge UI7.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Do you experience those delays if your screen is on?

3. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

@joaomgcd I think the issue is the same mine has been. Since your app (autovera) has the ability to interface with GCM, I would kindly request you create a built in GCM check that could be Tasker driven too. Your magic packet connects back to your dev account and google key for your project. This way it wakes up the port 5229 socket that is closed too soon by most home wifi routers. :)

4. joaomgcd

@TomTcom sorry, not sure what you're asking exactly :) You mean I would somehow activate the socket on the router? How exactly would that happen? THanks in advance

5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

@joao, kindly resolve this thread. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and received 5.1.1 and a secondary patch just released by the service provider. I believe the delays in my notifications were the manner in which the old software handled the wifi. It has been 100% better with the new Android OS.

6. joaomgcd

Thank for letting me know :)

TomTcom likes this.
: autovera, delay, gcm