Open Notifications from certain apps not forwarding

Discussion in 'Join' started by The_Fonz, Sep 18, 2017.

1. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I am trying to forward notifications from PushOver to a specific Chrome instance (Work PC) and it just won't do it for more than a day.
    If I unselect Pushover from sending notifications, back out of Join and back in again, re-selecting Pushover the notifications start again but seem to stop after a day or so.
    All the other notifications are being pushed from phone to Chrome so not sure why Pushover isn't working as constantly.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Do you maybe have something in Tasker that's disabling the notification pushes?
    Do other app's notification still come through when Pushover stops to? Thanks

3. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I still get SMS notifications, and I get the notification if i click the refresh button in the top right of the Join Notification tab in the chrome plugin.
    I am not blocking notifications from Pushover with Tasker, I am blocking some others using AutoNotification (some persistent notifications) which is only a recent change and the Pushover notification issue has been ongoing for a while now.

Cheers

4. joaomgcd

Ok, just to clarify, when you go into the notification app list in Join, does it show Pushover as selected or as unselected?

5. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

It is selected, but i toggle the select (off, back out of Join, back into Join, on, back out of Join) and the notifications start working again for a couple of days

6. joaomgcd

Does it also work if you only go in Join, don't change anything and then back out of Join again?

7. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I'll check and confirm and get back to you.

8. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

FWIW going into Join and backing back out (without going anywhere else in the app besides the default page) does not 'restart' the notification forwarding for Pushover.

Cheers

9. joaomgcd

Very weird! It really seems that something else is changing it in the background :/ Does it only happen with Pushover?

10. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

Other apps stop pushing (ToDoist is another I'm pushing)

11. joaomgcd

Hmm, is maybe something on your system blocking Join in the background from time to time?

12. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I can't think of anything that might be, all the accessibility services are enabled, notification access enabled. I don't have AutoNotification blocking anything in Tasker, though I have some persistant and annoying notifications blocked, but none that should affect Join.

Can you think of any app that may stop the pushing?

13. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I can't think of anything that might be, all the accessibility services are enabled, notification access enabled. I don't have AutoNotification blocking anything in Tasker, though I have some persistant and annoying notifications blocked, but none that should affect Join.

Can you think of any app that may stop the pushing?

14. joaomgcd

Hmm is your device rooted?

15. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

Not rooted.