AutoNotification Repeat notifications for Samsung Led View Cover

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by Gnucco, May 9, 2019.

1. Gnucco

Gnucco New Member

Hi all, I own a Samsung S9 with the original Led View cover. It's good overall (ehm, the cover) but I really miss the notification led that is... Covered by the cover, so instead of making a hole manually I'm thinking about using tasker and autonotifications to repeat a notification every X seconds and make the led view cover think that it's a new notification, so the cover will show let's say a dot every X seconds like the phisical notification led.
    I've already tried some pieces of tasks found on internet but none can satisfy me... Basically I would have to:
    - intercept the notification
    -until I open the cover, repeat every X seconds the notification but in silent mode
    - if possible, keep the ringer/vibrate for incoming calls and for sure restore the ringer/vibrate mode when the cover is opened

I've also tried myself the snooze function of autonotification, but if the ringer is on it will keep ringing every X seconds...

Thanks a lot for any suggestion

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. What about that can't you get to work exactly? What have you tried?

3. Gnucco

Gnucco New Member

Hi, the simplest task I've tried is just a loop that start with the event "Autonotification Intercept Event Behaviour" for an app:
    1: Wait 10 seconds
    2: Autonotification Snooze the notification of that app for 5 seconds
    3: Goto 1

But the notification will be repeated (and shown on Led Cover) with the audio profile active, and it's not very practical...my phone will vibrate or make a sound every 10 seconds...if possible, I would like Autonotifications to repeat a silent notification every X seconds for that app without modifying the current sound profile, like the notification led do. Maybe changing the Notification category for that app until I read or dismiss the notification...
    Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

Ah yes, maybe you can simply add a AutoNotification Category action to that task to change the category? :)

5. Gnucco

Gnucco New Member

Hi Joao, I think I've found a simpler way to make led view cover blink when notifications are still unread. I'm trying to use built-in tasker alerts, so I set the tasker user notifications to silent and my profile is now

event: "Autonotification Intercept Event Behaviour" for app x
    task:
    1. wait y seconds
    2. Notify
    3. wait z seconds
    4. Notify Cancel
    5. Goto Type Action Number Number 1

Then I assign Tasker notifications to be displayed by a Led shape with Led View Cover Editor.

With this, every time I receive a notification from app x, after y seconds Tasker start to send a (silent) notification every y+z seconds and if the cover covers the screen a led icon will be shown.

The problem is that I want to stop Tasker to repeat its notifications when I open the cover (and view the notification of the app x). I've tried to add the condition "if screen is off" to task number 5 but it's not working, so by now the profile is unusable (Tasker notification repeat forever).
    How can I make Tasker stop generating notifications when I open the cover? Do you know what condition is when I see Samsung S9 lock screen? Is there any other condition in the loop I can use?

Thanks a lot

6. joaomgcd

What does %SCREEN show when you test it in the task?