Solved Same Join identity for to devices?

Discussion in 'Join' started by farnol, Jan 13, 2020.

1. farnol

farnol New Member

I migrated apps and settings from my old Android phone to a new Android phone, and now it seem like Join can't distinguish between them as Join-devices. The new phone showed up in the device list in my browser, but my old one was gone. I tried to send something from my old phone to this computer, and the old phone replaced the new phone in the device list. Same happened when I used Join on the new phone, it replaced the old one. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Join on the phone not showing up at that moment, but it still replaced the existing instead of being added as an additional device. I also tried to uninstall Join from both phones, and delete the one device showing up from my list of devices, and then install one at a time. Again, I was not able to add them as separate devices. The second unit I installed Join to just replaced the first one.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Yes, unfortunately that happens sometimes when you copy your settings from one phone to the other :( Unfortunately it seems that the only way to reset it is to factory reset one of the devices.