AutoTools Secure Settings: Night Light Not Working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mredmond, Apr 5, 2018.

1. mredmond

mredmond New Member

On my Pixel 2 XL on Android 8.1 (no root), AutoTools gives me the error "Your Android version does not support this setting, sorry!" whenever I try to use the "Night Mode" toggles in Secure Settings or use "Custom Setting" to change the integer value of the secure setting night_display_activated to 0 or 1 for deactivated or activated. However, I can change this setting over ADB to activate Night Light, and I can also use the plugin SecureTask to change the value of the setting to turn Night Light on or off. I have confirmed over ADB that this setting definitely exists on the Pixel 2 XL.

I have granted AutoTools all the required permissions, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and granting permissions again, using different input types, all to no avail. I would rather not have to use an extra plugin with SecureTask just for this one setting. I think at one point modifying this setting in AutoTools worked, but then just stopped. Any help on getting this to work in AutoTools would be greatly appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

mredmond likes this.
  3. mredmond

mredmond New Member

That worked for me, thank you!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member