AutoRemote Sending Picture via AutoRemote Notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Srvn, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Srvn

Srvn New Member

Hi, I am trying to send an image from Device A to B thru the AutoRemote Notification option. I attach the image URL (local photo) in device A and send it. I receive the picture on Device B in the notification window. But, I cannot interact with it. I would like to touch the image on the notification window and have it open up the full image. How do I go about doing that? (I am familiar with Tasker). I cannot seem to find the image anywhere on my Device B. But, I noticed they are all stored in my google drive.

Thanks for your help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

what I would do is: send an AutoRemote messages with the file instead of a notification. Then on the receiving device create the notification with the image (it's in %arfiles())
    Hope this helps :)

3. Srvn

Srvn New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to see if I can do this outside of Tasker if possible. Currently I can attach an URL to the notification. When I touch the notification window the URL launches. Is there a way I can attach the URL of the actual image I am sending? That way when you touch the notification it launches the image in a browser for example. Since it looks like you use google drive for communication, is there a way to to do this.

Follow-up question on the google drive. I noticed the files that are sent via AutoRemote notification or Message goes into my google drive. But are those files available for public? The link shows "anyone can find and view with advanced search options". It is not private?

Thanks again.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately it's not possible without tasker right now, sorry.
    The files are public yes, but the link is only shared with you, so it would be very hard for someone to guess the urls.

Hope this clarifies it!

5. Srvn

Srvn New Member

I think I may have found a workaround for this without using Tasker and it works. Since the files sent are uploaded in google drive, you just have to figure out the google drive URL of the file and add it to the notification URL. The challenge was to figure out the URL of the file. After some digging around on the internet I found that you can predict the URL. Here are the steps (source)
    1. Make the AutoRemote folder permission in google drive to "public on the web". (There is a privacy concern here. Do it at your own risk)
    2. Find the folder ID from the address bar on your browser. (string of random characters)
    3. Note the file name you are sending.
    4. URL scheme would be http://googledrive.com/host/<folderid>/<filename>
    Now if you touch the picture on the notification, the URL launches in the browser and you can view the entire picture. (Note that due to an Android bug, the URL will only launch if your phone is unlocked)