Open Server Pushes not working: "Not allowed to start service Intent...."

Discussion in 'Join' started by pedalermike, Jan 12, 2019.

1. pedalermike

pedalermike New Member

I'm running Join on a OnePlus 6T with Android 9. Join pushes to the device have been pretty inconsistent from a delivery time perspective, delays up to a minute but they always got through - I suspect that has to do with the aggressive power management of the device (Battery Optimization is turned off for Join).

This past week though, all Join pushes to the OP6T are failing. The diagnostics log message: "Not allowed to start service Intent { act=com.joaomgcd.autoapps.ACTION_SEND_COMMAND cmp=com.joaomgcd.autoappshub/.service.ServiceThirdPartyCommands (has extras) }: app is in background uid UidRecord{fa6d25e u0a221 CEM idle change:cached procs:1 seq(0,0,0)}".

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged in, changed Join accounts.... Nothing is getting through from the server side. My old Nexus 6P with Android 8.1 now has a similar problem (that was working perfectly before I upgraded to the OP6T last month). I have another 'dumb' phone with Android 6 and Join on it - it works perfectly fine.

What is really weird is that if I do a Join device name change from my chrome desktop, that update gets through to my OP6T almost instantaneously so something is getting through from the server...

I recall they pushed a security update sometime in the last week and perhaps something changed or got broken? Would this be a permissions issue in the recent security updates? Any other troubleshooting tips?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

ckelley28 likes this.
  3. ckelley28

ckelley28 New Member

Thanks Joao! I was getting the same error and this version resolved the issue.

Can't express enough how much I appreciate your swift responses to feedback. Seriously the model of what a good dev looks like.

My device for reference:
    Nexus 7 2013
    Oreo 8.1 - AICP

PS - Disabled adblocker on a site for the first time in ages :)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Awesome :D Really appreciate it! Glad it works!