Solved Setting Encryption on Linux Chrome V60 (Beta)

Discussion in 'Join' started by S. Jackson, Jun 14, 2017.

1. S. Jackson

S. Jackson New Member

Anyone able to set an encryption password using Chrome Beta version 60 on Linux Mint 18.1, kernel 4.4.0-79?
    I enter a password and it just sets there and says generating key. Generating a key on on my android Galaxy S5 is immediate.
    I have never used encryption before so I am not sure if it ever worked on my Linux Mint machine,

Thanks.........Steve

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It takes a while longer on Chrome than it does on Android sorry. can you please try waiting a few minutes for it?

3. S. Jackson

S. Jackson New Member

I will try this morning. Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. S. Jackson

S. Jackson New Member

That was the problem. I didn't wait long enough. Like everyone else, I want instant gratification.
    A suggestion; Maybe a line stating that chrome is going to take a couple of minutes to set the password. since the time difference is so much different than on Android.
    Thanks for a great tool. I only use Join to move clipboard info around my devices and know I am only scratching the surface. It's well worth the money for this tool.
    Steve J.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, thanks! :) Added that extra bit of info to the spinner.

And awesome that you're enjoying the app! :) Thank you for the feedback! Don't forget to rate it on Google Play if you can ;)

thanks again!

: Linux, encryption