AutoWear Setup wizard + how to close a created screen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Simon Poulsen, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Simon Poulsen

Simon Poulsen New Member

Hi,

I have a problem with the setup wizard. When I run it I get to the part after where the watch have reconized the 'ok google note to self...' and then the next does not become active. I checked in my Android Wear settings and Action (Take a note) is set to Autowear.

I have another problem/question : if I create a single screen on the watch and have push to run a task on the tablet/phone - how do I close the screen right after I have pushed - whats the command to close a created screen.

Is there some kind of list with reserved words - I only seem to get a short list when I choose from the tag list.

Uhh. I thought Tasker itself was difficult with a sleek learning curve. So I'm not sure if its just me that can't quite understand the workflow in this thing.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To understand how the app works properly, please check out this page: http://joaoapps.com/autowear/

There you'll learn how to do anything you want with it.

To answer your questions:
    • What happens on your watch after you do the "note to self" command?
    • To close the screen either do it in Tasker with the "AutoWear App" action or set the "command to close" the same as the command you issue when you click the button. There is no pre-defined list of commands. :) Those can be anything you want.

3. Simon Poulsen

Simon Poulsen New Member

Hi,

I have tried watching some tutorials but most of them seem to concentrate on what you can do with Autowear without showing the workflow.

If I (in the app setup wizard) reaches the point where I have said "note to self" it just show a notifitication of something like a search engine result. And then the Next button in the setup wizard is greyed out hence I cant complete the wizard.

Thanks,
    Simon

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The Note to Self command is different for every language. Maybe in your language it's a different command? What should happen is that Android Wear would prompt you to save a note and then send the note to AutoWear.
    Anyway, all the tutorials show the workflow, unless I'm misunderstanding.. :) Or do you mean the setup wizard workflow?