AutoShare Share youtube video to kodi with shortcut

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by trohn_javolta, Mar 9, 2016.

1. trohn_javolta

trohn_javolta New Member

Hello, I want to create a Tasker task to share the current active youtube video in youtube app to yatses share option "play on kodi". I then want to assing this task as a shortcut to a button of pie controls.
    I noticed it's bound to a specific video because the video url gets shared. So I used AutoInput to do so as fill in solution.
    Then I found an older thread stating it's not possible to determine which yt video is currently active/being played:
    http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/share-on-kodi-youtube-music-whatever.188/

Just wanted to know if there are any news on this? AutoInput works but if you don't press the shortcut button immediately after choosing the video, the buttons around the video disappear. Now you first have to press on the video so the white "operating elements" are visible again...xD Was this even comprehensible?
    On other apps like my gallery app it's the same: If I don't press the "share to kodi shortcut button" immediately after opening a pic, share button is gone and a tap on the pic shows it again.

..I mean it would be great if one could just enter a variable in the text field or somewhere else so that the url of currently active yt video is sent, or currently watched pic is sent to kodi.

: kodi, share, shortcut