Can't Fix Showing notifications on multiple screen systems

Discussion in 'Join' started by Gustavo Coelho, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Gustavo Coelho

Gustavo Coelho New Member

Hi,
    I searched a bit on both join and AutoRemote and couldn't find a way to redirect notifications sent from my phone to my secondary PC monitor. Notifications are always shown in primary monitor. Is there a way to achieve it?
    Thanks for all these excelent apps!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately only Chrome itself can decide where to show the notifications, sorry!

3. Gustavo Coelho

I see...
    What if I could use the same window that the SMS redirection uses to show my messages on my PC? Could it be implemented so that this window get messages which are redirected from my phone?

4. joaomgcd

hhmm, not sure what you mean. Can you give me a specific example? Thanks!

5. Gustavo Coelho

I'm looking for a way to get messages redirected from my phone to my PC. I can do that with notifications, but they can only be shown in the number 1 screen of my system (I run my PC on 2 monitors). When I'm playing some game in full-screen the notifications won't be shown, because they'll be under the current "layer" of video. You told me in a message on G+ that you can't control which screen will be used to show the notifications, so I'm trying to find a way to show them in the 2nd screen.
    Well, I noticed that I get SMS messages in a separated window on my PC, so I was wondering if I could use that window to show my redirected messages. Using a window like that I could let it opened in the second monitor while I play my games and wouldn't have to stop playing and grab my phone, unlock it and read the messages.
    Hope it's clearer now LOL
    Thanks for your attention!

6. joaomgcd

Do you mean that you get SMS messages on the other monitor with Join? :)

7. Gustavo Coelho

I meant I wanted to get Whatsapp messages on a PC window. Right now I can only redirect WP messages to notifications, which can't be read if I'm on fullscreen. LOL I'd rather write in portuguese maybe LOL
    Eu gostaria de poder enviar as mensagens do Whatsapp para uma janela no Windows, poderia ser uma janela similar a que o redirecionamento de SMS do Join utiliza. Acredito que seja possível implementar isso. Ou talvez já exista outra maneira de solucionar meu problema.
    Obrigado novamente!

8. joaomgcd

Pode fazer isso enviando notificações pelo Join :) Essas aparecem na janela do Join.