Solved SMS auto closing when typing

Discussion in 'Join' started by AmazeCPK, Jun 21, 2018.

1. AmazeCPK

AmazeCPK New Member

I'm experiencing a problem on chrome (windows 10, latest chrome build)
    I do have an ad-blocker, uBlock Origin which is disabled for this website.
    Happens across multiple systems (both local windows 10 system here at home, and another windows 10 machine at work)

Bug:
    SMS window closes automatically when typing a reply to a received message.

Steps to reproduce:
    Receive SMS message, and click 'Reply Directly'
    Type new message, and send.
    Begin typing a secondary followup message on the same window. This is where the window closes automatically

I will be half way through my message, and the window will close. If I open the chrome extension, and head on over to the 'SMS/Phone' section, I am able to see the partial message I began writing.

Would like an option to not auto close the window if possible. Thank you.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you don't want the window to Auto close click the notification instead of the Reply Directly action :)

It'll auto-close with reply directly as soon as it knows that the message has been sent.

Hope this clarifies it!

3. AmazeCPK

AmazeCPK New Member

Thank you for clarifying, but if I can, I believe that function behaves more like a bug, then a feature. Can we get a option to switch that functionality on/off?

If the window closed automatically after sending the message, or displayed some kind of status instead of allowing us to begin typing a new message, and then closing the window, then I think the experience would present itself as more of a feature.

Thank you.

: SMS