Open SMS history retrieved but not able to send sms

Discussion in 'Join' started by wanderlone, Jan 14, 2016.

1. wanderlone

wanderlone New Member

On my Win 7 work setup after I log in my sms history will be retrieved but when I type a message nothing happens after I hit send. There is a continually counting town 60 second timer that resets and counts down in the upper right window of the sms window.

I can receive pushes from the phone and all other functions seem to work just no sms sending.

Browser and phone pass all tests. Moto X 2013 on 5.1

2. Gaff

Gaff Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that. I think I know what the issue is now. I'll probably fix it today.

4. joaomgcd

CAn you check with the latest version please ? thanks

5. wanderlone

wanderlone New Member

So just updated. Then I disabled and re-enabled the SMS service. Slightly different results. There is still an activity counter continually counting down from 60 seconds and resetting. Now when I click send the message moves to the main body of the chat window and an activity circle arrow appears and cycles for awhile and then times out. Then a message appears saying "could not check if sms was sent" or something close to that.

6. wanderlone

wanderlone New Member

Ok so now I can only send pushes from phone to browser, browser to phone pushes no longer function. Now my phone is failing both the GCM tests at my work location which is the same thing my home location was doing. I passed my push tests on my work network yesterday.

I really appreciate the work you've done as an alternative to the extortion that pushbullet was attempting but I think I'm going to have to bail soon if there isn't a handle on whats happening as my functionality keeps getting worse not better.

7. joaomgcd

@wanderlone I appreciate the comments. I'm doing my best to keep things working, sorry it's not working out for you. Coding is a tricky business :(
    There's a known issue with the latest version where diagnostics tests on the phone are reporting false negatives. Will fix today.

8. wanderlone

wanderlone New Member

No you are doing a great job!

I just wanted to let you know in case I dropped off the map. Any frustration I have is for Motorola for pulling the plug on their notification app that worked fine and then pushbullet going full on mental with their price structure right after I started using them as a replacement. Nothing but gratitude and respect for you!

9. joaomgcd

I found some more bugs both on the server and the Android app. Could you please try again in a few hours after the update is out? Hope you can stick around a bit longer :)

10. wanderlone

wanderlone New Member

So both the phone and the browser pass all the tests at work. I can push both ways again. I still have the 60 sec counter going on in the sms console but it seems to have sent a text. Upon receiving a text I don't get any notification but it does seem to be there when I open the console.

11. joaomgcd

The 60 second counter indicates when it's going to refresh to see if there are new messages. Maybe I need to show an info popup when first starting it up to make that clearer? :)