Open SMS will not dismiss on phone notification after I reply to it on extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by TheParticleMan, Apr 10, 2016.

1. TheParticleMan

TheParticleMan New Member

I was wondering if there is a way around this. If i get an sms, and respond to it on my google chrome extension, it works flawlessly, quickly, and my recipient gets their message. But, it does not clear the sms notification on my notification drawer automatically. I know on there is an 'notifications' tab on the chrome extension that can dismiss the notification, but that only dismisses it on the chrome extension, and not on my phone notification drawer as well. I was hoping there would be a way if i responded to a text from someone, the sms app notification would be dismissed on my phone as well.

Other then that, great app. And keep up the good work.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That is on my todo list :) The problem is that the SMS notification from your SMS app is not related to the SMS notification Join creates on your PC. I'll need to find a way to co-relate the 2 so I can dismiss the original SMS notification. Thanks for your input!

3. TheParticleMan

TheParticleMan New Member

Thanks for the reply! That's interesting on a programming standpoint. I know it's possible as seeing pushbullet and other apps successfully implement it. I guess they somehow didn't create a new sms notification on the pc, but rather had each sms notification being paralleled to the pc, with it's functionality kept the same.

Glad to hear that it's something you're looking into. Thanks :)

4. joaomgcd

The problem I have is not knowing when a notification corresponds to an SMS message. I'll keep looking into it, thanks!

5. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

Any update on this? It's the only thing keeping me from switching to Join.

6. joaomgcd

This should already work right now. If you read an SMS on the Chrome extension it should clear the notification on your device.

7. Nelson

Nelson New Member

This seems to work for me on hangouts but not on Messenger now that I've switched. Maybe it has something to do with the Messenger notifications? I notice even on my phone if i reply in the notification it doesn't clear it whereas hangouts did.

8. webster1505

webster1505 New Member

I know that this thread is a few months old but I just found Join and I'm running into the same problem. There are some times when the notification on my phone will clear but more often than not it won't. This occurs if I choose to reply directly from the popup or if I have the SMS window popped out. It seems to happen when more than one SMS comes in before responding to the initial message. I'm currently using Textra.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. Mitch.sc

Mitch.sc New Member

had this working with Textra until recently, now it does not work again. Any ideas on how to fix?

10. Javaman1

Javaman1 New Member

Hello, I am having issues with Textra as well. Any notifications I reply to on the chrome extension do not clear on my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and I am running the newest version of Chrome & Join. Please advise.

11. joaomgcd

Please check that Join still has notification access on your device so that it can dismiss notifications.

: sms, dismiss, reply