AutoWear SOLVED: Sending text to Tasker by complication

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by inik, Nov 5, 2018.

1. inik

inik New Member

I'd like to have an easy way to send text to my phone (Tasker) from my watch. I have a voice screen set up which does the job, but I'd like to be able to launch it quickly from anywhere. Is it possible to make a complication that will open up that screen?

Also, is there any support for the new input options where you are prompted with a keyboard, mic, and emoji? That would be really nice to have instead of always jumping into voice if you want arbitrary text input.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you can do that :) Just make the complication send a command (like voiceinput for example) and then make the Voice Screen's command to show be exactly the same.

About the new input options, does it work if you use the Native Version option in Advanced in the Voice Screen?

3. inik

inik New Member

Thanks!

No, the native version still goes straight to the voice input, rather than prompting me for different input methods. The keyboard and other options seems to be AutoWear-specific, rather than using the system controls. Not a huge deal, as 90% of the time voice is what I want to use anyhow, and this cuts down on the total # of clicks.