AutoWear Stuck on "Getting current ..."

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by dcobra, Nov 4, 2016.

1. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Hello

I use AutoWear to create a floating icon on my watch, and I set it to open a keyboard screen when double tapped. The screen sends the entered number to a Tasker task. It all used to work fine until about a week ago, but it has stopped working. Restarting the phone and the watch doesn't help.

When I try to go into any of the "Manage ..." settings on the AutoWear app, it gets stuck on "Getting current [screens/floating icons/etc.] from your watch." Very rarely it goes on to show the screen or the floating icon properties, but if, for instance, I tell it to show the keyboard screen, it says "OK Screen NNN shown", but the watch goes black for a few seconds, and, instead of showing the keyboard screen, this warning pops up: "AutoWear is not responding. Would you like to restart the app?" Restarting the app makes no difference.

The AutoWear Log only shows lots of "Message Sent" entries. The AutoWear Watch Log is empty, even if "System Logs" is selected to get more detailed logs.

So it seems some update broke AutoWear on my watch, but I don't know which one it may have been. Other apps seem to have no problems with communication between the phone and the watch.

Phone: LG G4, running Android 6.0
    Watch: LG Watch Urbane running Android Wear 1.5.0
    AutoWear: V 1.0.26

I haven't tried to reinstall AutoWear because there seems to be no way to back up the Wear elements before doing it.

Can the developer help, please?

Regards

Daniel

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay, is it still doing this for you?

3. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Yes, still the same: can't get the keyboard screen displayed on the watch, and AutoWear still hangs on the "Getting current..." messages.

4. joaomgcd

Does AutoWear show your watch if you try to select it in the main app? Does the the Android Wear app show your watch as connected correctly?

5. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Yes, in AutoWear "Wear Device" shows my watch correctly (and switching between it and "First Available" makes no difference), and the Android Wear app shows my watch as connected.
    Do you think reinstalling AutoWear might help? I haven't tried it yet because I'd have to recreate the Wear elements (floating icon and keyboard screen).

6. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Hi, João.
    Reinstalling AutoWear fixed the problem. I had to recreate all Wear elements, but this time I wrote a Tasker task to do it, so I can use it if I ever need do restore again, instead of doing it by hand directly on AutoWear.
    Thanks for your help, anyway!

Daniel

7. joaomgcd

Glad you got it! :)

: bug