AutoWear Tasker Variables in Text

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Hale2TheYea, May 7, 2015.

1. Hale2TheYea

Hale2TheYea New Member

I'm wanting to utilize variables that I have in Tasker and use them anywhere AutoWear asks for text, how do I go about doing this? For example, when I try to just input %DATE, it actually shows "%DATE" instead of the actual date.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You need to create the screen through Tasker. Otherwise AutoWear doesn't know what Tasker variables exist :) Hope this helps

3. Hale2TheYea

Hale2TheYea New Member

Thank you!

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

On a related note: If I create a watch screen that has a Tasker variable as a text source, is there a way to update the watch screen when the variable changes on the phone without hiding and redisplaying the entire scene? For example, using %BATT to display the phone's battery on the watch: I'd like it to update automatically when the value changes.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You need to resend the screen to the watch. You can setup a profile that listens to changes on that variable and sends the screen to the watch in the task for example :)

6. MikeW

MikeW Member

Thanks for reply. That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to just be able to update the screen since sending a new one has to delete the old one first and and I didn't want the visual distraction of the screens sliding off and on. Oh, well. Not that big off a deal. Thanks anyway.