AutoShare Trigger AutoShare Command with gesture

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mleao, Apr 20, 2019.

1. mleao

mleao New Member

I just followed this tutorial to set up an AutoShare command to send a YouTube video from my phone to my PC with AutoRemote:

When the video url is received it auto launches and plays in full screen. What I'd like to do, however, is to trigger this task with a gesture, rather than with the share command itself, in order to avoid having to tap "share" and find the "AutoShare Command" option. The effect I'm looking for is pretty much sending currently open video from phone to PC with a flick of the device (à la Tony Stark).

Is this possible? I.e. is there a Tasker action that emulates clicking the share button? I suppose I could do it with AutoInput but that would be pretty slow, and I'm not sure it'd work since the sharing commands all appear in a random order each time.

Second question: is it possible to have AutoRemote launch the url without having the browser open? Currently, the message received appears in Windows notifications, but the browser is not automatically launched, so nothing happens unless it's already open (using Chrome btw).

I'm on Android 9, unrooted.

EDIT: Solved the first problem using AutoInput. It's actually not as slow as I imagined, works fine for what I want. Solved the second problem by having EventGhost launch the browser.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it! :)