Open Two annoying issues (SMS sync problem and account logging off)

Discussion in 'Join' started by Nethval, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Nethval

Nethval New Member

Hello there, first of all I wanted to say that I love your apps and I'm actually pretty impressed that you are pulling this off all by yourself (I'm also a developer, so I can feel that). I found two issues.

- Sometimes (in my case randomly), sms sync in chrome extension stops working. The arrow keeps spinning and messages are not being refreshed. I noticed when this happens, diagnostics in chrome extension fails (all of them) and when I disable the extension and enable it again, it asks me to log in. It looks like I'm getting logged out of my account and chrome extension doesn't detect that and tries to get my data from the drive.

- My SMS messages are never shown on the the device (Mate 9 Pro PD) They are being sent but they are not stored on the device SMS database (or so it seems). Sometimes (randomly) chrome extensions shows them and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what might be the issue? Incorrect phone number? Changed device name? I noticed that this problem is more common. Few months ago I used app called Pulse SMS, which worked as a SMS replacement and allowed you to sent messages from different devices. I had the same problem on my other device and I fixed it by setting the Pulse app as main messaging app. Maybe that's the solution?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi thanks for contacting me! Glad to see a fellow developer around here! :)

• Are you using the same account in the Join extension as you do in Chrome itself?
    • That's an issue on some devices unfortunately. Since Join is not able to be set as the default messaging app on your device there's no way it can get access to the phone's database to write the SMS messages there. The only way for it to work was if the ROM/SMS app on your device fixed this issue
    Sorry, really wish I could help further!

3. Nethval

Nethval New Member

I'm using the same account and I'm not sure it's a phone issue because it sometimes works. It looks like some issue with phone number or device name. If it works sometimes, it can write to phone database and I have it on all my devices. Any other ideas?

: sms