AutoInput UI Query with scroll

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by eljorge, Mar 8, 2015.

1. eljorge

eljorge New Member

Hi, is it possible to save a long list (scrolling necessary) using UI Query? I'm trying to use Ourgroceries in my wear watch based on the pocketcasts projects, however, the ui query list only contains what's visible on screen. For my shopping list I would need to capture the entire list and send it as a list screen to my watch.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You'll need to
    • save what's on screen
    • scroll
    • save what's on screen
    • scroll
    etc while the "save what's on screen" action doesn't produce the same results. If the results are the same it means you reached the end of the list :)

3. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Couldn't you make it so UI Query scrolls by itself? Like a Check box where you can tell it that it needs to scroll and then does it by itself. Would make working with scrollable things a lot easier. Just as a suggestion. If that is possible.

4. joaomgcd

So you're saying to add an option that would do the process I mentioned above all by itself?

5. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Yes. That would be pretty amazing. :)

6. joaomgcd

I'm not sure it would be doable because it would be really hard to determine what text I would need to collect between each scroll without overlapping between scrolls. It really depends on the app you're using, so I'm not sure how I could make it work in every app. I can try though, thanks :)

7. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Yeah that could be a problem. But I think it's worth a try :)

8. eljorge

eljorge New Member

Thanks Joao, I'm having a little trouble saving what's on screen. I'm trying to do it using Variable Set: Name %prevquery To %query()
    But %prevquery always stays empty. Do you know hoy to copy the %query array to another variable? (%query is the array i get from the Autoinput UI Query)